What is important in a personal relationship with a
guru, such as MMY had with Guru Dev, is not the
"techniques" that are taught. We in the TMO are nearly
obsessed with "techniques" because we do not have a
personal relationship with MMY. We are not in his
presence on a daily basis. So all you can do without a
guru is to practice yoga and hope for the best. Guru
Dev's "technique" was his very Being and the impact
that had on the people around him. Techniques were
secondary and given as needed (see, I was there so I
know this stuff). When SSRS was asked what was more
important, techniques are our relationship to him, he
just laughed and said, what do you think,hmmmmm? To
me, the answer was quite clear. What happens in one
second in the darshan and kripa (grace) of a guru can
not be achieved through one hundred years of yoga.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM

http://mail.yahoo.com