> TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> >I'll probably see it anyway, but it inspired
> >Roger Ebert to write one of his rare scathing
> >reviews...
>
> And guess what film wasn't reviewed on this week's "Ebert and
> Roper"?
> Yup, they reviewed "Clerk's 2" and "Monster House" but not "Lady in
> the
> Water."  Nor have they reviewed it in advance.   I suspect because
> Disney owns their show and Shyamalan took "Lady" to Warner Brothers
> because Disney wouldn't give him enough money ($75 mil) to make the
> film
> and Disney is pissed.  Maybe it will show up next week though
> they've
> scheduled that to be a "best so far" episode.  The rest of their \
> show
> tonight was filled with "in the theaters."

I just noticed that I was mistaken earlier, and the
scathing review is not by Ebert himself (who is out
recovering from surgery), but by his editor, Jim
Emerson. It makes more sense now; Roger rarely
stoops this low...he ususally puts his vitriol,
when deserved, into one or two pithy statements
and leaves it at that. This one went on for pages...