> > http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeast/articles/2006/07/24/
> > remote_kibbutz_sees_return_of_bad_times/
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/f283p
> > [...]
> >
> > "Tiberias, usually a bustling tourist city on the Sea of
> > Galilee, is a ghost town. Practitioners of Transcendental
> > Meditation sit in the only open hotel, striving to create
> > a spiritual shield against incoming missiles."
>
> Sigh, indeed.
>
> On the one hand, one cannot help but be inspired
> by the faith of these people, after all of the years
> and all of the follies, that sitting in a war zone
> and doing their siddhis will not only keep them safe,
> but will bring peace to the whole region.
>
> On the other, one cannot help but wonder what Maharishi
> would say if these same people, so full of faith in him
> and the things he has told them, were to be struck by
> one of the incoming missiles. Would he even notice? I
> honestly do not know, and that makes *me* sigh.

You fool! How could missles possibly break through the invisible
shield of invincibility! Don't you know ANYTHING about science. The
Meisner effect proves the yogic flyers cannot be hit. Intense
coherence will deflect any entropy. Didn't you even see the on TV in
the 50's the "invisible shield" effect Colgate proved existed. Jeez,
its really tiring arguing with anti-science dogmatic morons. :)