Judy:> It was an attempt to get you to *correct* the word

http://www.tm.org/main_pages/maharishi.html

>From the TM org site:

1972: Maharishi inaugurates his World Plan and creates a new science
-- the Science of Consciousness, the Science of Creative Intelligence,
training 2,000 teachers of this science [by now 40,000] to bring the
timeless message of Transcending to all parts of the globe.

But wont him teaching the message of transcending confuse people about
the value of thoughts in meditaion?

http://www.enmag.org/09/9birx2.htm

Enlightenment: What is it that inspires Meditators to take the next
step, to learn the TM-Sidhi program?

Doug Birx: The foundation is a good experience of transcending, and
appreciating what a great value that is to their life. On that basis,
there is an openness when Maharishi brings out the point, through a
lecture or a tape, that we could accelerate this growth of consciousness.

"Maharishi said this new technique would be something that would more
quickly shrink the gap between our present ability to transcend and
the time that would be coming in the future, through repeated
transcending, when this experience would become an all time reality.
arriving at that source of thought. Maharishi said this new technique
would be something that would more quickly shrink the gap between our
present ability to transcend and the time that would be coming in the
future, through repeated transcending, when this experience would
become an all time reality."

"In the West, Meditators had been transcending for 35 or 40 years, so
the Laws of Nature were being directly enlivened for all that time.
But the Soviet Union hadn't had any Meditators until shortly before we
arrived."

Me:
But wont a person appreciating the "great value" of transcending prove
that they don't understand the teaching like Judy does?  What would
Doug Birx know about the use of the word "transcending".  You might
want to get him to tighten up Judy.

My original quotes:

"As far as transcending goes, I think that experience is also very
overrated as a valuable experience. "

"How could so many people drop
the practice if transcending was all that?"

Doug Birx: The foundation is a good experience of transcending, and
appreciating what a great value that is to their life.

Now lets see Judy's integrity at work.