"Caveat emptor. It's my understanding that a big reason for the "heavy
metals in herbs" testing done more and more frequently is because of
Chinese herbs in particular. Apparently some of these herbs are from
industrial sites or on tailings from mines and do contain heavy metals."

Shit!  Great point.  So maybe US stuff is the better bet?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM