The options Judy lays out is that everyone must either accept MMY's
claim that he is a "great rishi" and an authentic yogi and address him
such or they're being disrepectful of him.  To simply not view him as
a great rishi, which according the spiritual texts I've read is quite
an exclusive title, without any disrespect is not an option.  This is
a version of "if you're not with us, you're against us".  It's the
common attitude of authoritarian communities.

To call MMY a bad name is disrespectful, to call him by his actual
name is not.

I'm not sure this is a big deal or not.  The white house makes sure
the media refer to bush's estate in texas as a "ranch" even though
there's absolutely nothing ranchy going on there.  This is to
reinforce his image as an average joe in the minds of the electorate.
 These reinforcements can be subconsciously powerful.  I know some
people who refuse to call MMY Maharishi because they feel it
reinforces years of conditioning to see him that way, a way which
doesn't fit their current understanding of him.  I respect people
wanting to use someone's name rather than a title for this reason.
Otherwise I don't think it matters that much.