> Barry's pretty good at penning impressive-sounding
> rants, but virtually every one of them, when you
> examine it closely, collapses into empty rhetoric.
>
> A case study follows...

<snip>
> > But that rarely happens. Whenever one of these questions
> > comes up, the "shoot the messenger" response is the one
> > they go for, because IMO they're TERRIFIED to start the
> > process of questioning the things they've taken on blind
> > faith for so many years, out of fear for where it might
> > lead them.

One additional point here.  In my observation, "shooting
the messenger" is done far more often by TM critics than
by TM supporters.  What TM supporters have to say is
routinely dismissed as the ravings of a "True Believer"
or a "religious fanatic," no matter how carefully and
logically reasoned, no matter how many facts are
presented.  Typically the "message" itself remains
unaddressed, its analysis and facts unchallenged.

Barry's one of the worst offenders in this regard, of
course, but he's utterly blind to his own behavior
and that of his fellow TM critics.

What could it be that the *critics* are so afraid of?