Barry,
While I fully understand why you would want to break out of the FF Life habit, I hope you'll reconsider. It's in large part posts like yours that make this place worth visiting at all, you have friends here, and the people that seem hell-bent on running you (and some others with whom they disagree) out are few in number, and bound to leave themselves at some point.

It sounds like you have truly fashioned a fulfilling life, and are enjoying it to the max. I often wonder about a few of the other posters here, the ones who go on and on, posting ad nauseam, whether they have much of any life or ever leave their computers except to eat and sleep. And what is the point of the constant attacks (undoubtedly they will say they're not attacks, merely observations, and if they're not true it shouldn't matter, but that is, of course, bull-poop), and the constant mean-spirited implications that someone has "problems" they clearly do not have? Makes you wonder what those people are themselves concealing. Not to mention the fact that name-calling and other denigrating tactics have absolutely no place in any responsible conversation. I think you and the others have dealt with it admirably, but it's not real surprising it's taken its toll.

While I doubt can come up with anything that will change your mind, I'll tell you what I do to try and stay out of the cesspool, and which helps me make some sense out of this place. I try not to reveal any more of my personal life than is absolutely necessary to make whatever point I am trying to make, and I filter out those posters I consider to be out-of-control (either in extremist viewpoints or simply in volume). We all have limited time to spend here, why bother wasting it on people who seem hell-bent on drawing others into the muck.

Anyway, those are just a few of the thoughts that come to mind--more later.

Sal