> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> >

> > In a message dated 7/31/06 1:11:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > jflanegi@ writes:
> >
> > I just  got done reading a condensed version of the Mahabharata
> which
> > >  contains a short version of all the stories from the full
> version.
> > >  What's striking about every story is how aggressive Krishna is
> in
> > >  demanding that that the five Pandava brothers including Arjuna
> kill
> > >  their relatives even though they all protested. Krishna never
> even
> > >  hinted at negotiations, reconciliations or truces. He insisted
> that
> > >  they be killed. Many of the stories describe Krishna killing,
> > >  beheading bad guys, demons, rakshasas.
> > >
> > The last remark I recall  that Maharishi made about the killing
in
> the
> > BG is that it is all  internal, meant to be seen as an internal
war
> vs
> > a literal one. It was  during the past year or so during a press
> > conference.
> >
> > Yet M used to say that the battle took place right where Noidia
> > is, a physical site.
>
> That's the history, the external battle.  The teaching
> is the internal battle (that's how I understand it, at
> any rate).

One thing that has been striking to me;
Which has been stirred up, by this conversation;
Is that, my father fought in WWII, mostly in the Czech Republic area.
Anyway, he was over there for about 3-4 years, in the war;
He carried a bazooka, or a rocket launcher, and won some medals.
He is Jewish.
I think at the end of the war, although he's never talked about it
much;
All of the soldiers, as well as the German people, were taken to view
the concentration camps, by General Eisenhower.
I think my father never really got over what he saw there.
And I think he wondered, having fought tooth and nail;
To defeat the Nazi's;
Why oh why, had these people not fought back??