> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:
> >
> > on 7/31/06 11:57 AM, authfriend at jstein@ wrote:
> >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%
40yahoogroups.com>
> > > , "Paul Mason"

Iran

> > > Could be, but if you're referring to Barry's
> > > claim that some folks here have been advocating
> > > the use of nuclear weapons against Iran, that
> > > appears to have been one of Barry's many fantasies
> > > that have been making him so unhappy.
> > >
> > Robert Gimbel advocated that in a recent thread.
> >

> Was that advocating or poetically speculating what appears to be
inevitable? Can never tell
> with him.

Well, let me try to explain my questions on this matter of nuclear
weapons.
As you know the United States has a stock pile of nukes.
I had a friend that told me that his father was high up in the
military;
And that one summer, he spent working on a nuclear submarine,
a 'Trident Submarine', stationed here in the Seattle area; where they
are serviced.
Now, this submarine is real; we created it; it has the fire power of
all the bombs of WWII all put together.
It has an area where the missle silos are, which the sailors call:
"Sherwood Forest".
It's all very strange to me.
Why did we create such a monterous weapon?
Why did we stockpile all these nukes?
What did we plan to do with them?
Do we have a 'real' 'evil' enemy in Iran.
Do they want to attain the same nuclear capability as we have;
Isn't that their dream?
Haven't they said, that they want to 'Wipe Israel off the map?'
Do you think they want to wipe us off the map, as well?
So, my question was:
When do we use these weapons? Are they just for show? When is an
enemy dangerous enough to warrent going to war with them; when all
else has failed; and going to war with them, with the weapons we have:
These nuclear weapons; thousands of them; created by both the
democrats and republicans, both.
We have these weapons, right?
What are they for?