hey schemp. There is life beyond the TMO. There are
wonderful people associated with the TMO in Fairfield
but there are so many spiritual seekers out there, and
many started with TM. And there are many wise souls
out there who never indulged in TM or the TMO. I still
have many friends from the old days who still like me
even tho i would not set foot in the Golden Dome. Our
dome here in austin is a weed infested broken down
building that no one uses. Oh, my mistake . Two days
ago I saw a car in the parking lot of the dome. People
are spooked because it has bad vastu. PUHLEEEEEZE!!!!
Who would want to hang out with people who would throw
you out of the dome because you can think for
yourself?
You have a winner but just dont yet realize it.
And so many in fairfield are doing other practices and
dont judge you. There is a lot more to spirituality
than TM. MMY just never told us. We are only
responsible for ourselves. No  one can tell someone
how to have  a relationship with the Divine. We are
each on our own journey and as Ramakrishna has stated
"There are as many paths as there are people."
BTW, Guru Dev's picture still graces my altar.