--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> Then Chopra is thrown out of the movement due to inner circle
> jealously and hassles, esp with Bevan and suddenly he starts to get
> demonized by the TMO - this began long before he started his own
> stuff.  I don't care for Chopra's marketing since he went on his
> own, but to say he owes everything to MMY is the height of TB
> blindness.

Chopra himself said this, including for a time after
he left the movement, until the TMO asked him not to
attribute anything he taught to MMY.

I think there is a case to be made that Chopra's mind-
body theories and approach to Ayur-Veda were very
firmly grounded in MMY's teaching, in particular about
the value of pure consciousness in mind-body medicine.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of Chopra either.  He had begun to
go off the rails of MMY's teaching into a species of
moodmaking well before he left the movement.  Whether
that had anything to do with his leaving, I'm not sure.

But it's my distinct impression that the complaint
that Chopra doesn't give MMY credit for what he
teaches is unfair, given that the TMO apparently
insisted that he stop mentioning MMY as the
inspiration for his own teaching.