new.morning wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
>>

>>>I'm not sure what you're saying John. He clearly states he's a
>>>sannyasi.
>>>

>>A sannyasi is one who has devoted his life to
>>spirituality (as opposed to career and family).
>>It doesn't automatically mean celibate.
>>

>And which order(s) of sanyassi are your referring to? And you have
>spoken to members of these orders? Do you speak hindi? Or did you have
>to use a translator when you spoke to these sanyassis (as I inferred
>you must have to make such bold statements with a straight face.)
>
>I never have talked to or even heard of sexually active sanyassi
>orders. I would love to hear about your adventures in india finding
>the non-celibate sanyassis. And I know some reseachers, pre-eminent in
>documenting sanyassis, who would be fascinated by your findings. In
>his extensive interviewing if sanyassis', in hindi, I don't think he
>has come across sexually active sanyassis. Some sadhus do tie rocks to
>their phallic endowments and "really" let it hang -- to over 3 feet
>and more, but thats a tapas, not sex. And there are those
>cross-dressing devotees to Ma. But that is all about devotion and
>non-identity, rather than some sexual proclivity.

Tantrics are sanyassis but do not have to be celibate.  You need to
understand it is much like you have priests and nuns in the Catholic
church that take vows of celibacy but a protestant minister does not
take such vows.  Left hand tantra does not have such vows.   Some right
hand tantric orders may have vows of celibacy.   Even some left hand
tantrics may take vows of celibacy but that is a personal matter.

Biologically unless you take celibacy as a mental exercise it doesn't
exist for males anyway as the sperm is passed in the urine when not
ejaculated.