Well I do agree, but I also think some of these are beyond rumors, some still are rumors from people much closer to the situation than any of us but impossible (possibly ever) to verify. I have no problem holding the paradox and the astonishment that those opposites provide. But I'm also not going to jump in the opposite direction and somehow imagine him as a saint. In other words, don't kill the messenger, but don't make him into a saint either.