<shempmcgurk@>

> > > <snip>

> > Lennon
> > entity
> > >
> > > Pathological dissociation and "witnessing" a la TM
> > > may sound similar in verbal descriptions but are very
> > > different things.
> >
> > You should know.
>
> In fact, she's already stated that she has had both experiences...

Not sure I've done so here.  The dissociation
experience was many years ago, before I started
TM, during an episode of clinical depression
(which, thank goodness, has never recurred).  It
was scary and unpleasant.  I felt fragmented and
scattered, as if I'd lost whatever it was that
gave me the sense of being a complete person.

Witnessing experiences that I've had since I've
been practicing TM have been characterized by
an enormous sense of *relief*, as if a great
burden has been lifted.  There has also been a
sense of wholeness, which is paradoxical
because the experience is one of *separation* of
Self and activity.

I'd never mistake one experience for the other.
They're simply of different orders.  One made
me feel less than myself, the other more than
myself, is another way of putting it.