--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>       What the hell do you mean, "Enlighten the mind".?? "By
applying it through action we enlighten the heart".??

>       Could you quote exactly where Maharishi said this in his BG.??
>
>       You don't enlighten your mind or heart.  You enlighten
yourself.  You trancend your mind.

>       The Enlightened person acts in perfect accord with the Total-
natural-Law.  Not Nature.

>       There are 4 major paths.  Karma-yoga, Bhakti-Yoga, Gyana-yoga
and Hatha-yoga all explained in BG.

>       For an intellectual entity, eating meat or smoking tobacco is
against Total-natural-Law.

>       You are crazy Jim bitch.  What the hell is your dharma
anyway.?

Enlighten the mind means: 'bring light to the mind', bring the mind
to silence in transcendental consciousness.
Enlighten the heart means to 'bring light(attention) to the heart.
When the mind has quieted and the heart is felt, then you can make
your own decisions, based on a clear mind(quite mind), and clear heart
(attunement to your soul);
Therefore at some point, the Guru is You.
The Guru points the way, and if you follow;
You find it for yourself, inside of you;
"The Kingdom of Heaven is Within", Jesus said.
In your own soul; in the illunination of the silent mind and soulful
heart.
Therein lies your enlightenment, from inside yourself;
No longer on an outside force, whether it be Guru, TV, sex, or money
or whatever, other,
false god of the ego.
Enlightenment is an "Inside Job".
R.G.

> jim_flanegin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 17:54:08 -0000
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Victory Beef or War?
>

>   The thing to keep in mind in all of this is that it is *we* who
are
> wanting to gain Self Realization, not the person who we are
> following. Therefore it is important at a certain stage of seeking,
> when we know all of the key information cold, to begin to apply it
> to ourselves, evaluating and discriminating. The BG says this is
the
> way to enlighten the mind. And by applying it through action, we
> enlighten the heart.
>
> The enlightened person acts in perfect accord with Nature. But,
> those who are unenlightened, who have not yet fully gained Self
> Realization will not see this. It is only fully comprehensible from
> the perspective of another who has gained permanent Self
Realization.