> On Aug 6, 2006, at 10:01 AM, markmeredith2002 wrote:

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >> One of the first indications that all was not cool in the
Emerald
> >> City
> >> was when I was still flying and a chiropractor took my back X-
rays
> >> after I had thrown my back out.  He said " So how long have you
been
> >> jogging?"  I explained to him how I was practicing flying and he
> >> explained to me the implications on my vertebrae by sitting in
full
> >> lotus and bouncing on my butt, even on foam.  He showed me how
that
> >> posture  actually takes you butt cheeks away from protecting
the
> >> spine
> >> during flying so that I was  compressing my discs. It was very
> >> visible, my bottom discs were compressed like a marathon
runners.  He
> >> tried to explain the implications of my behavior but, of
course, I
> >> was
> >> too enlightened for his advise at the time.  I don't know if
discs
> >> can
> >> recover from such a stress but my back is great these days from
all
> >> the core training workouts I do so I can't assess if I
sustained any
> >> long term damage.  What was interesting for me was that I saw my
> >> compressed discs at the time and still continued to practice
flying
> >> until I got out of the mindset that I was doing cosmic good for
> >> myself.  I remember the sickening feeling that perhaps MMY and
his
> >> crew did not understand the implications of his program on
people's
> >> backs and I might have set myself up for a very painful old age.
> >
> > Exactly my experience too.
>

> Really has a lot to do with not knowing what you're doing and
using
> people as guinea pigs.
>
> In traditional yogic flying,

Huh?

There's a Yogic Flying Tradition????

One that goes back before 1976 and the TMO?

Sure, I understand there was yogic flying in the caves and the rare
monastery in India probably always...and back in the Vedic period
thousands of years ago...but there was an on-going Yogic Flying
Tradition in India?

Please tell me more about it...