> --- shempmcgurk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for reproducing it, Robert.
> >
> > I read the entire thing and I am of two minds.
> >
> > One says that, hey, that's the Movement and in this
> > year 2006 why
> > would she be so surprised that they are acting like
> > this?  This mind
> > says, yes, she SHOULD have lied.
> >
> > The other mind is angry that the movement does not
> > respect its basic
> > tenet that you can practise any religion and still
> > practise TM...and
> > visiting saints and doing all these other techniques
> > are
> > religions...and as long as the people in the dome do
> > the dome
> > practise, what's the harm?
>
> Yes, what is the harm? I don't think anyone has ever
> run this by MMY. It appears to be very much a strong
> attachment that the TMO has collectively. Like the
> Nazis and their Aryan race of "perfection." Same
> dynamic.

The guy who claimed that he was Shankaracharya of North America actively
encouraged
his folk to practice his techniques while people were in the domes.

Add to that the explicit warning that some techniques that are harmless for
TMers are
deemed harmful for TM-sidhas, and mix in a presumption that anyone who can't
see that
the TM-Sidhis large-group practice is best for evolution anyway (explicitly
stated by MMY)
is a bit off in their thinking (as was shown quite clearly by the woman whose
letter was
posted here) and you get a strong anti-other-techniques/saints attitude.