--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gerbal88 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > On Aug 1, 2006, at 5:09 PM, sparaig wrote:
<snip>
> > > Actually, if you look at the brainwave patterns of TM and
> > > TM-Sidhis compared to virtually every other meditation
> > > technique out there, the differences are so startling and
> > > drastic that anyone that choses to practice those other
> > > techniques obviously doesn't get the role that TM/
> > > TM-Sidhis are playing. AND, the detrimental effect those
> > > techniques are playing as well.
> >
> > Like brainwashing you?
>
> Well, that would be one question, of course. Another is what in the
> f**k does sparaig think he knows about looking at brain wave
> patterns?
>
> The fundamentalist TMers who assume that they know all sorts of
> things they don't (like being to read/interpret/compare brain wave
> patterns ... and I suppose MRI's as well, god help us) are simply
> nut cases, self-deluded/Mahesh-deluded bonkers, barking mad
> nutters. To put not too fine a point on the matter.

Nor to let *facts* get in the way of one's
ignorant putdowns, either.

Anybody who's paid attention to Lawson's posts over
the years is aware he's extremely well versed in
brain-wave research (and not just TM's research,
either).

Plus which, recently he's been working closely with
Fred Travis, one of MUM's much-published (in
independent journals) experts in EEG and related
research on TM--

http://www.mum.edu/cosmic/faculty/travis

--to develop a computer animation of brain-wave
patterns in TMers.

None of this necessarily means Lawson is competent
to interpret EEGs on his own--as opposed to reporting
research findings--but then he hasn't claimed to be
able to do that, has he?