> on 8/12/06 8:34 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > P.S.: That's why "Absolute Truth" in this context
> > was a weasel phrase.  It had nothing to do with
> > the particular issue being discussed, it was just
> > thrown in to make True Believers sound especially
> > ridiculous.
> >
> But I believe that is the underlying assumption of those who use
> the phrase ³Maharishi says.² That phrase carries a lot more weight
> than ³I say² or ³George Bush (etc.) says.² The assumption is that
> because Maharishi is enlightened, he knows the truth about anything
> he puts his attention on, whether politics, economics, agriculture,
> etc. It¹s like ³the Pope says² for a devout Catholic. He is God¹s
> representative, so it¹s almost like saying ³God says.²

Again you're avoiding the context.

What does this have to do with someone calling hopping
"levitation" while being fully aware that what they're
doing is not levitation in the standard sense of the
term, i.e., floating in the air?

I don't *think* you're claiming that people who believe
MMY "has a handle on Absolute Truth" as you define it
are convinced they're hovering in the air when they're
only hopping--are you?