--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:

> and has

> > > persuasive evidence of the
> > >
> > > He closes, "it can be seen from this study that MIU/MUM had a
> > > consistent, dramatic effect on Fairfield crime for almost 20 years." I
> > > interpret that as he is pretty convinced of an ME effect in  FF. A
> > > higher level of conviction than you appear to have.
> > >

> > He didn't say "ME has had effect," but "MIU/MUM had effects."
> Perhaps hge meant that the
> > ME had the effect, but I noted the phrasing.
> >

> Perhaps its "good" spinning, parsing, wiggle-room carving and slight
> of hand.
>
> Perhaps like ~"I was not [totally] naked [when I sought sex from that
> young staffer.] Unstressing is not an excuse [but i am hoping you will
> make an exception here] but it happens [in its debilitating --lets do
> wild and crazy things-- form, mostly on long courses, but these people
> are probably too dense slow to make the distiction].
>
> What is the distiction implied or connated by the different wordings
> (ME vs MUM)?  That he wants to include 3000+ sidha's entry into the
> population as part of the effect? (which by default he does).
> Thats not ME, its a study of demographic change effects on crime.
>
> The title of his study -- or the question he is responding to is:
> "Has the presence of Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield
> Iowa created coherence in the collective consciousness of Fairfield? "
>
> Sounds more MEish than demographic changish.

Welll.... Since he doesn't mention the ME in the title OR the body of the text,
perhaps
you're reading something into it that isn't there?

No, you're right. He clearly is defending the ME:

"This effect can not be explained by the increased population of the meditators
in the
town at that time.  The following population figures from the Census Bureau for
the
transition period, which were used in calculating the crime rates for Fairfield
for those
years, show that an increase in the population figures cannot explain the
reduction in
crime rate."