> So you¹re saying that the ³context² of the TMO is that you have to
lie to
> participate in it,

Thats a black and white reading of what Jim wrote, IMO. I read what
Jim wrote as basic common sense, basic social skills. Its not a
mattter of lying. Its presenting an appropriate side of oneself in any
given situation. There is a saying / joke "too much information!" when
someone begins to reveal parts of their personal life outside of the
context.

For example:

Its TOTALLY HONEST to tell someone in a line at a super market about
your morning bowel moevment or your blow-out sexual tryst the evening
before. Its just not appropriate.

Its totally honest to tell an employer that you used to belong to a
spiritual group that has become pretty cultish, and you used to do
yogic flying, wear a wet loin cloth, oil yourself up each morning in
hot oil, and have regualr herbal enemas, etc, but frankly, thats more
than most employers need to know about you.

Saying you were involved in a start-up company and was responsible for
establishing and managing a number of local branches -- and in doing
this gained strong platform, orgainizational and management skills --
is more appropriate for that situation.

Telling a first date ALL about the issues you had with your EX, is
being TOTALLY honest, but is not context appropriate or effective.

Weearing jeans and a t-shirt and sandals is WHO YOU ARE deep down, but
wearing such to most job interviews is not appropriate or effective.

Telling a woman that, when asked, "yes, you do look fat" is not
appropriate or effective.

There is a almost-ready-to-graduate (also hippie) ethos "I am not
going to sell-out, I am not going ot give up my values" when faced
with entering the job market and world of responsibilities. Its a good
thought, but a naicent one. Its not as black and white, all or nothing
as we thought at 21 (or 41, haha) when we finally decided to, or were
forced to, "get a job".

In reality, its not about giving up values. Its recognizing that many
people and situations ONLY want to hear about a part of you. Going
over that boundary is being insensitive, boorish, rude or socially
inept.  See above examples.

By recognizing information appropriateness of each excontext is
maturity, flexibility, a strong sense of values, is not "being dishonest".

>and that she should have abandoned her principles to get
> what she wanted.

Again, thats black and white thinking. Its not all or nothing. Its
not, "I am going to be in-your-face totally honest about all aspects
of my life in every situation or else I have sold out and have lost my
values and soul".

And its a good description of the problem, "to get what she wanted".
Siva Ma was focussed on "what she whated" -- even to the extent of
shutting down the course (tattle-telling on others) if she could not
get HER way. If she had come, humbly, dressed in TMO appropriate
cothes (no red dots) saying, "I am here to serve. If i can help
increase the numbers in the dome, I am most happy to as long as i can.
And if you need help in the kitchens or in setting things up, please
call on me." And said nothing about what is none of the TMOs business
unless asked. And if asked, keep it simple "I have seen saints, as
have most people in the domes. I am here to serve. If I can help with
Invincible America, I am here for Maharishi. I heard his beacon call."