In a message dated 8/19/06 3:28:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> >

> > In a message dated 8/18/06 6:07:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > jstein@ writes:
> >
> > --- In _FairfieldLife@FairfieldLifFai_
> (mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com)
> > , MDixon6569@, MDi
> > <snip>
> > > No , not at all. Most people want the current NSA program in
> place
> > > and it is still going on while it is appealed.
> >
> > Wrong. A majority do NOT want warrantless wiretapping.
> >

> > _Poll: Most Americans Support NSA's Efforts_
> > (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
> dyn/content/article/2006/05/12/AR2006051200375_pf.html)
>

> Gee.
>
> I wonder if Judy will say: "I stand corrected."
>
> Hell, frozen over...NOT.

Another poll says:

http://www.democrats.com/node/7416/print

1]For Release: January 16, 2006

New Zogby Poll Shows Majority of Americans Support Impeaching Bush for Wiretapping

By a margin of 52% to 43%, Americans want Congress to consider impeaching President
Bush if he wiretapped American citizens without a judge's approval, according to a new
poll commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org [1], a grassroots coalition that supports a
Congressional investigation of President Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

A clever poll with not too subtle spin. Nobody approves of the NSA tapping domestic calls. The calls in question are calls from suspected terrorists coming into the US from foreign countries. But the poll doesn't state that. It just asks if people would approve of impeachment if  Bush approved of wire taps without a warrant, which could be a call between any two American citizens within the country and  that is not what the NSA is doing. It has been known and common knowledge since the story broke that the calls being tapped are calls entering the US and from known terrorist suspects.