new.morning wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>new.morning wrote:

>>>  Remember today's conspiracy theory may well be tomorrow's news.
>>>

>>>Actually, no. You have it backwards.
>>>
>>>There are 10,000's conspiracy theories -- few ever come to anything.
>>>But a  few do.
>>>
>>>It is a huge logical fallacy to think that because some event was
>>>presaged by a conspiracy theorist, that therefore most conspiracy
>>>theories are valid and come true. Unfortunately this is a common
>>>defect found in the mind-set of many conspiracy nutes.
>>>
>>>Tomorrow's news periodically will be based on a conspiracy theory --
>>>but today's conspiracy theory seldom becomes tomorow's news.
>>>

>>Your proof?
>>

>HAHAHA. Great imitation and parody of a die-hard conspiratist. You got
>the dumb-struck cluelessness of many conspiratorists perfectly.
>
>Only a total fool would look at the 10,000's of conspiracy theories
>that were present in the 60's and/or 70's and/or 80s that have not
>panned out -- only a few have born any seeds of credibility -- to
>realize there is far from a 1:1 correspondence between conspiracy
>theories and their actual fruition 10-30 years later. Its maybe closer
>to a 1:1,000,000 correspondence.
>
>"Ya know you dodn't need a weatherman to know which way the wind
>blows." :)
>
>HAHA. keep up the great work on these parodies. They are killing me.  :)

Great I'll keep posting what you believe to be "conspiracy theories"
then.  I know a lot of New Age folks and Indiaphiles find such things
entertaining so that's why I post them.    I suspect if I had told you
back in the 70's that the Gulf of Tonkin was a false flag operation you
would have thought me nuts.   But we know now it was.

The reason some people reject what they feel are conspiracy theories is
that they don't want to be seen as "kooks" themselves if they entertain
them.  Therefore its an ego thing.  They want to maintain some *image*
of being a "sensible" person.  If the conspiracy (in some case not a
conspiracy at all but a strategy by a group) pans out to be true then
they don't feel bad about being "fooled" as was most of the rest of the
populace.