" presence in the Dome would be "disruptive".
> > Disruptive? "

What is disrupted is Milieu Control.  I'm sure everyone here is hip to
that Lifton concept. http://www.freeminds.org/psych/lifton.htm

Since so many quality people have bailed on letting them work their
mojo, it seems like they are just acting out of habit.  The movement
seems to lack the ability to create a new organization that respects
mature individuals with enough spiritual and life experience to decide
things for themselves. It worked better when everyone was in their
20's and less self-assured.  From the outside it is fascinating to see
them try to cast the same old spells their a broken wands.

I wonder if Lifton has studied the oppositional reflex that must exist
even in devoted members, who are still close to the organization.  It
seems as if the innocence is so long gone that the movement's words
would have a completely different effect by this time.

When I talk with people who still do the program about the movement,
there is so much eye-rolling that it makes me wonder who is more
turned off to the "teaching".  My guess is that although FFL is a
small group who are willing to speak up, the eclectic lifestyle and
practices represented here is more reflective of the majority of
people still involved with TM than the old-school hardline.  I meet
people who keep their feelings and practices to themselves for fear of
being cut out of courses.  I would love to know the numbers on both
these sides.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Yeah, that "disruptive" thing is tough to figure out. They are
claiming that it's the decisive