> They government is huge and internal communications are sloppy. It
is not
> unlikely that one branch is giving money while another is hassling
the
> movement. When I was teaching in DC soon after Jonestown, I¹m
quite sure our
> phones were tapped.

The government monitors a lot of people, but this is not harmful in
itself, and the fact that MUM has collected many millions in grants
from the feds illustrates the lack of harm any government monitoring
has done. Tell me what possible evidence there is that the TMO has
suffered in any way from govt harassment? Also, because the original
investigation of the TMO was generated from on top, President
Carter, it's very unlikely that interest in the TMO continued after
presidents friendly (Reagan/Bush Sr.) or neutral (Clinton) to the
movement took over.