On Aug 26, 2006, at 9:34 AM, authfriend wrote:

> Dunno.  Not sure it's possible.  It hasn't been in
> any of the email programs I've ever used.

OK, well there's my answer.  It evidently isn't in mine either, as I've
checked everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.
>  Especially if it's a long message/post, I don't *want* to be at
> the bottom to start with anyway, because then if I
> want to delete irrelevant parts of the quote, I'll
> have to cursor back up; similarly if I want to comment
> on something in the middle of the quoted text.
>
> (Eudora does have one feature I've never used: you can
> select *part* of the message you're responding to
> before hitting Reply, and then only that part will be
> quoted.

Mine has that too, and is what I almost always use.
>  If I were using that, it would make more
> sense to start at the bottom.

Yep, that's my point.

> But a lot of the time
> I want to quote more than just one selection from what
> I'm responding to.)

So do I, and when that happens I just trim.
Well, anyway, thanks.  At least I know I'm not the only one.

Sal