This is an interesting article with a flaw on the scientist part:
They make the assumption that "remembering" or "reliving" process
that the mind is doing is the same as the actual, present time, in
the now, experience of God.  Memory just isn't the same as
experience, as intense as those memories may be.

I'd be curious to see if the results were the same for brothers from
a similar order, or perhaps doing research on MD and Purusha
members.  Maybe the movement needs to trade in all those old EEG
machines of Wallace's and invest in a fMRI in Fairfield for this
type of research.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 'God spot' researchers see the light in MRI study
>
> Ian Sample, science correspondent
> Wednesday August 30, 2006
> The Guardian
>

> Brain scans of nuns have revealed intricate neural circuits that
> flicker into life when they feel the presence of God.
> The images suggest that feelings of profound joy and union with a
> higher being that accompany religious experiences are the
> culmination of ramped-up electrical activity in parts of the brain.
>
> The scans were taken as nuns relived intense religious
experiences.