I spent a year with a speech therapist after a vocal injury. She
basically taught me to speak with an "English fag voice." As this
style of speaking produces the least amount of stress on the vocal
chords and reduces the chance of developing nodes - which can have
severe medical consequences.

I think the movement people do it because it appears "refined." For
some it is real, for others it is a self conscious affectation (which
is usually easy to spot). One thing I have noticed is that people who
spend a lot of time together begin to sound similar and adopt the same
affectations. All the surfer kids in my neck of the woods sound the
same: Like, ya know what I mean, dude? It's totally rad!

Speaking slowly and softly is the mark of an educated man in many
cultures I have visited around the world, particularly in Asia. So I
think this was probably appropriate for the tapes. It's certainly a
better choice than Sylvester Stallone doing voice over in his Rocky
voice or Woody Wood Pecker...though that could be amusing!

Of course in America, where testosterone runs very high, speaking
abruptly and coarsely, like a gun slinger, with a curled lip is
popular these daysÂ….

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:

> > I think this thing started because Neil Paterson and Ron Dector
spoke that
> > way and other tape titlers emulated them. You can bet Maharishi
listened to
> > and approved those voice-overs.
> >

> Some people have that speaking style. It may be exagerated  fo the
TM  tapes, but I have