> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gimbel" <babajii_99@>
wrote:

> >  (snip)
> > "I take that back. The mention of chakra appears to be
descriptive
> > rather than prescriptive
> > > (to use Judy's phrase), and there is much of interest in this
> > upanishad for those who think
> > > TM is important rather than thinking that you gotta attend to
each
> > individual leaf (or
> > > chakra). MMY's advice to follow one's own religion appears to
> > satsify most of the rest of
> > > the admonitions found or so it appears to TB moi."
> >
> > Yes, could be like that...
> > I have a counselor, whom I've worked with; she concentrates a lot
on
> > this notion of chakras;
> > She studied with a woman, who can see auras and such.
> > Her theory is that the soul energy is above the head;
> > And one of the techniques she uses: is to imagine you are looking
> > through the top of your head(like a skylight) into the light of
your
> > soul, and allowing this energy to flow down through you,
enlivening
> > each chakra as it goes;
> > And then 'ground' the energy through your feet, deep into the
earth.
> > In spiritual terms,   'Bringing the energy of Heaven into the
earth...

> > Third eye to me has to do with 'seeing' oneness. Our physical
eyes can
> > only see separateness, and much of what the eyes see, gives power
> > the ego; Jesus said, that it would be better to pluck out your
> > physical eyes if they are leading you into sin(lower
vibrations)...
> > So, 'seeing' through the third eye, has to do with  brain
coherence
> > that meditation produces, plus the enlivening of the nervous
system,
> > the pituitary gland of the brain; an opening of sorts, in which
you
> > have spiritual site, seeing energy, seeing from the soul, auras
and
> > such.
> > Each chakra has knowledge in and of itself, and on the level of
which
> > it governs...
> > So, for example, an opening of the heart chakra could provide the
> > truth of the heart; as the opening of the throat would provide a
> > powerful and uplifting sound of truth, and likewise, the opening
of
> > the third eye, would provide the seeing of light energy,
spiritual
> > vision.
> > When full enlightenment occurs, then the soul or the crown chakra
is
> > opened, and the soul energy is allowed to be lived in the body,
which
> > all of the obstructions removed;
> >   This is: 'Soul Realization';
> > And all of the benefits of knowing and experiencing you as an
infinite
> > soul, protected and connected to the All. One has left the 'wheel
of
> > karma, so to speak;
> > The goal is to fully experience the soul, while you are here in a
body.
> > Does TM in itself provide all of this?
> > Maybe for some it has, maybe for others it hasn't and they needed
> > seek more.
> > I think Maharishi and the movement, wants to keep the teaching
pure,
> > And universal, for the people directly involved;
> > So, that if whomever decides to leave and seek more elsewhere;
> > Then the ones still involved can have the benefit of innocence of
the
> > beginner.
> >
> > R.G.
> >

> Of course, if one loses the innocence of the beginner, is there
anything to be gained by
> this "further" stuff?
>
> I think not and if you keep the innocence of the beginner, there's
nothing beyond That
> anyway.
>
> And, as I said, its a Johnny-come-lately on the Vedic scene. MMY
deals with the Vedas and
> Upanaishads and chakra-techniques are nowhere mentioned in those.

Good points...
But I guess for some people in some traditions, this idea and
functions of the chakras are just another path to the goal of
enlightenment.
If, as you say, these ideas are not contained or dwelled too much
upon in the Vedic literature;
And as we know, Maharishi considers himself a formost scholar on the
Vedas;
Then we wouldn't expect him to dwell too much on this non-vedic
approach.
R.G.