Robert Gimbel wrote:

>A couple of years ago, I remember watching, 'The Today Show';
>  And I was noticing how spontaneous, and focused Katie Couric seemed to be.
>  I was even noticing the possibility that she was experiencing enlightenment;
>  In noticing how she would phrase things, as though she was 'witnessing'.
>  It was just my feeling at the time; but it would be interesting to have an;
>  Enlightened Newscaster who is as big as it gets in the news business.
>  Good Luck Sri Kai-tee...
>The CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC debuts Tuesday, Sept. 5 (6:30-7:00 PM,
>ET/PT).

I was always funny in the movement when so many of the meditators saw
someone who was bright, articulate, and had rose to a high place think
that person was enlightened.  But you should have learned by now not to
base such judgments on enlightenment on such external qualities.  About
20% of the population are fairly bright but I wouldn't say they are
enlightened.  I have certainly met many people who were bright and
articulate but clueless about the subject of transcendence and higher
states of consciousness.  They were still superficial about life in
general.  However they might show an interest in higher states of
consciousness even admitting "I've always wanted to learn more about that."