The ashram in Benares (Varanasi) pre-dates the 'Brahmanivas' ashram in
Alopi Bag, Allahabad, by about fifteen years. Guru Dev was not offered
the property in Allahabad until about 1950.

'At sunrise on the first of April 1941, a small delegation of selected
people headed by Swami Gyanandji Maharaj arrived at his Ashram. This
Ashram, known as Brahmnivas at Sidhigiribagh, Maharaj Shri had
constructed five years earlier in memory of his Guru in whose name he
had also formed the Shri 1008 Swami Krishnanand Saraswati Trust.'
- 'The Whole Thing The Real Thing' - Prem Pasricha's transcreation of
Rameshwar Tiwari's Hindi biography of Guru Dev.

'In Varanasi, Maharaj Shri got an Ashram built in Siddhagiri Bagh,
Chhotigaivi. Moreover, a Sanskrit College was established in the
memory
of his Sad Guru Dev where students receive free education upto
Acharya.
The Ashram is a three storeyed building, where fifty families can be
accomodated.
These two buildings are under the management of Shri Krishnanand
Saraswati Trust.'
- p72 'Strange Facts about a Great Saint' - Raj Varma