On Sep 7, 2006, at 9:34 AM, authfriend wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 7, 2006, at 8:48 AM, authfriend wrote:
>>
>>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> However, there's never been any problem I know of
>>> with people coming to TM *from* other traditions
>>> and teachers.
>>>
>>> So it's a lot more like marrying an experienced
>>> woman and then insisting on monogamy.  You'd
>>> better be pretty damn good in bed if that's the
>>> approach, because if you don't measure up to what
>>> she knows is possible, she ain't gonna be real
>>> happy with the restriction.
>>>
>> That's where the fear part comes in.
>
> Fear of what, in this context?

What do you think?

> Unless the woman wants to stay in the marriage for
> reasons other than sexual satisfaction, what does
> she have to fear?  If her husband is so lousy in
> bed compared to her previous lovers that she doesn't
> want to stay monogamous, the threat of divorce isn't
> going to scare her.  Or she just walks out herself.
>
> The fear thing would work only if you wanted to
> stick with TM and go to the domes and on courses,
> etc.  If you had found TM's programs inferior to
> those you'd experienced before learning TM, why
> would you want to stay in good standing?  Or stay
> at all?

There could be a whole lot of reasons, one being perhaps you're not
sure, another one being perhaps you've met some people you want to go
on a course with, and I"m sure there's lots more.

But you, however, have perfectly enunciated the TB's most common, and
jaded, argument:  love it or leave it--don't ask any questions that
indicate the least doubt  or you're out.

Sal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional