> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > With all due respect, and chuckling, if you honestly
> > > believe that your mind and body and the coordination
> > > between them are so weak that you would be confused
> > > by learning to drive on the left, I hope I don't run
> > > into you when I (a lifetime right-hand driver) am
> > > driving in England.
> > >
> > > Rather bad analogy, dude.   :-)  :-)  :-)
> > >
> > > Most people have NO PROBLEM learning both styles
> > > of driving, and knowing when each is appropriate.
> > >
> > > Similarly, most people have NO PROBLEM learning
> > > different types of spirtual techniques and keeping
> > > them separate in their minds, without confusion.
> >
> > You must have misread the first part of my statement "If I am
being
> > taught to drive in the US on the right side of the road, and
before
> > I am confident in my skills I take a trip to the UK, and someone
> > says, hey, I'll teach you to drive on the left..."
> >
> > If you ignore my context, then what you have responded with
makes
> > sense. Otherwise it doesn't.
>
> A shorter, and more appropriate answer might have been,
> "You're right...that was a really dumb analogy."  :-)

I wouldn't have written it in the first place had I thought it was a
dumb analogy. You are missing my context below also. I chose driving
as an analogy purposely because it is a complex activity. Have you
ever taught someone to drive simultaneously on both the right AND
left sides of the street? Were you successful?

> In *whatever* context, you are saying that people are
> too stupid to learn two things at once, and not get
> the two confused. I give people more credit than that.
> You are making a case for the Maharishi approach ("Treat
> them like children"), and I am stating a strong belief
> that adults can safely be, and should be, treated like
> adults.
>
> > Nonetheless, did you continue to do TM once you were sold out
> > to Rama?
>
> I had stopped doing TM at least a year prior to
> meeting Rama.
>
> > And do you now regularly do at least two different meditations
> > (regularly being at least once a day)?
>
> I regularly practice quite a few different techniques,
> from completely different traditions.

I was asking specifically about meditation, at least once a day.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: