> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > I tend to see it as a question of common sense. If I am being
> taught
> > > to drive in the US on the right side of the road, and before I am
> > > confident in my skills I take a trip to the UK, and someone says,
> > > hey, I'll teach you to drive on the left, this would be very
> > > confusing to me. I wouldn't accomplish my goal learning to drive
> > > on the right, nor would I learn to drive on the left.
> >
> > With all due respect, and chuckling, if you honestly
> > believe that your mind and body and the coordination
> > between them are so weak that you would be confused
> > by learning to drive on the left, I hope I don't run
> > into you when I (a lifetime right-hand driver) am
> > driving in England.
>
> Says Barry, having closed his eyes in the middle
> of what Jim wrote so as not to see the words
> "before I am confident of my skills."

Even AFTER you are "confident of" your skills, it is far better to drive a car
designed for the
local condijtions, than to continue to drive on the wrong side of the road.

Not only is your visibility poor, but you have to rethink your reflexes in
terms of right and
left rather than in terms of drivers side and passanger's side which is MUCH
easier for
everyone I've ever talked to (except, apparently Unc here).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: