> > > One to skip...
> >
> > Eh. There's no proof that this was part of the movie.
> > Someone may have slipped out one of the takes. Lynch
> > said he did as many takes as he wanted utnil he got
> > it exactly as he wanted because that's what digital
> > video allowed him to do. I'd wait for another 50 reviews
> > before I decided that I even had a feel for what the
> > reviewers think. And there are plenty of movies that
> > get good reviews at rottentomatoes which I hated and
> > plenty that got bad reviews, so you can't always go
> > by the reviewers or some anonymous posting of video
> > on the internet.
>
> Methinks you've gotten so used to making excuses
> that you now tend to make them automatically.  :-)
>
> You are free to do what you want, of course. But
> any filmmaker who could shoot that footage, even
> as a throwaway to test color values, is not some-
> one who is going to get me to plunk down my 10
> Euros to see his movies. Even *Warhol* shot more
> interesting footage than that.

I didn't say it was throwaway. The entire movie was improvisational. If he
didn't like an
improvisation, he had them do it again, sometimes he'd have them do a single
line or
expression over and over again until he got it the way he wanted. Perhaps this
was the
finest take of this scene or the worst or perhaps it never made it into the
finsihed movie.

Are you suggesting that this is a good way to judge  Lynch's previous works,
BTW? Because
you're implying that you can judge all of the director's works by seeing  one
scene out-of-
context...

Of course, come to think of it, this DOES fit in with the way y ou come across
in your posts
here and on a.m.t.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional