> In a message dated 9/10/06 3:32:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Nonono.  You cited the "new director" has having been
> the one who used the term  "slam-dunk" with reference
> to WMD in Iraq.
>
> No Judy, there is a misunderstanding some where. I don't recall
> saying anybody other than Tenet called the case for WMD's a slam
> dunk.

Sure looked like it to me, but I'll take your word
for it that isn't what you meant.

 However both  Tenet and subsequent directors,Goss and Hayden,
> have dealt with a well  entrenched CIA that has been in place for
> many years through various  administrations. Just because one
> changes the director of the CIA doesn't mean  you have changed
> the CIA.

But nobody suggested the CIA had changed.  The
point was that they were right all along.  They
told Tenet there was no evidence of WMD; Tenet
decided to play kissy-face with Bush anyway.  He
told Bush what he wanted to hear.

And he's been well rewarded for it with that
nice Medal of Freedom he got after he retired.

Lawson's point was that the report on what the
CIA said before the invasion was *put out by the
Senate Republicans*, even though it reflects
horrendously negatively on the administration.

Whether the CIA changes or not over administrations
was completely irrelevant.  That's why I
misunderstood you, because what you claim to have
been saying didn't make any sense.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: