<snip>
> Actually, if Tenet was just telling Bush what he wanted to
> hear he wouldn't have told him to strike the bit about Saddam
> trying to buy yellow cake from Niger in the State of the Union
> speech, which Bush then quoted British intel instead of the
> CIA. The CIA had intelligence from 4 or 5 different intelligence
> agencies  that they condensed to present to the White House.
> Foot notes were noted in the  briefs when there were
> disagreements as to the meaning of the intelligence. Sources
> within the CIA didn't always agree with each other on  every
> bit of intelligence and they were noted. Tenet and others in
> the CIA believed the preponderance of the evidence was a slam
> dunk although there were  some individuals that believed
> individual pieces of evidence were not accurate.

>From AP via Yahoo News:

...As recently as an Aug. 21 news conference, President Bush said
people should "imagine a world in which you had Saddam Hussein" with
the capacity to make weapons of mass destruction and "who had
relations with Zarqawi."

Democrats singled out CIA Director George Tenet, saying that during a
private meeting in July Tenet told the panel that the White House
pressured him and that he agreed to back up the administration's case
for war despite his own agents' doubts about the intelligence it was
based on.

"Tenet admitted to the Intelligence Committee that the policymakers
wanted him to 'say something about not being inconsistent with what
the president had said,'" Intelligence Committee member Carl Levin, D-
Mich., told reporters Friday.

Tenet also told the committee that complying had been "the wrong
thing to do," according to Levin....

http://tinyurl.com/hld8w

> As I said earlier Bush didn't appoint Tenet to the CIA, Clinton
> did. Do you think Clinton would appoint a yes man like you are
> suggesting to such an important post?

Not intentionally.  But then he wouldn't have
pressured Tenet to tell him what he wanted to
hear, either.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: