I just thought of a faster, more accurate way to assess the frequency
trends of various posters. And its counting the whole poulation of
posts, not just taking a sample.

For the last 30 days: posts / % of all

Judy       675 / 15.4
Sparaig    593 / 13.5
Shemp      331 / 7.6
Turq       168 / 3.8

Total          / 40.3%

Given that its only a partial month for turq, and not all AMTers are
in the above figures, AMTers may well be over 50% of posts (for last
30 days).

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wmurphy77 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Its Official: FFL is Now AMT
> > >
> > > Of the past 100 posts, 78% were made by former/current heavy AMTers.
> > >
> > > Leaders: % of total posts
> > >
> > > Spraig 24
> > > Shemp  20
> > > Unc    16
> > > Judy   14
> > >

> > Hey...don't forget me, I'm an old AMT'er too!  :-) BillyG.
> >

> You were in the sample* totals of 78% AMTers. But your personal totals
> were so dismal :), they didn't warrant individual citing.
>
> Your 1-2% of posts are hardly enough to drive long-time FFL's /
> non-ATMers away -- a trend observed over the last 6 months from the,
> IMO, increasing courser, meandering, toxic and wrath-ladden exchanges
> characterstic of some of the material from the tough-street fighting,
> ATM-school of posters.
>

> *100 is a fairly efficient sample size for capturing trends in a
> group with 3000-4000 posts per months. Particularly if the sample is
> taken weekly or so. Which I will try to do. It is random sample with
> regards to choosing a time 'randomly" and tabulating the next 100
> posters from there. Not as random and powerful as a fully random
> sample of 100, "drawn from a hat"  out of the past 4000 posts or so.
> But it is far easier to do. And thus can be done more frequently.
>
> 4-5 "block random samples" / month of 100 posts should give as good,
> perhaps better estimates of the frequency per person / group of the
> population of posts than one totally random sample of 100. (I would do
> the math to show that, but that would be anal, and not of substantial
> interest on this forum.)
>
> Speaking of anal, it takes less than a total of a minute or two to jot
> down the whole sample, once a starting time is choosen. Not a huge
> commitment. not, as some have characterized, taking excessive time,
> and thus, by implication is anal.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: