--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are all criticisms of someone simply the projections of the critic --
> their seeing the criticized quality in themselves?
>
> And even if all criticism is projection -- a dubious position IMO,
> does that invalidate the criticism?  Another dubious position IMO.

Great question! Thanks for raising it.

My personal view of this is we are all more a common consciousness, a
Oneness, than we are our seperate selves. That being the case, it
informs my criticism of another, because though the criticism of them
may be a valid perception of mine, the way I criticize another is the
same way I treat such qualities within myself.

So if I am quick to condemn, slander and insult others, that is the
same inner dialogue I have with myself. And either by the mechanism of
karma or just self dislike, it is not the most helpful way to get
through this life.

Additionally, the world we see is the projection of our own
consciousness onto our objects of perception. And so, yes, whatever we
criticize is, scientifically, us. Which is to say we are much more
than this body. And whatever we perceive, we perceive through our
machinery and so at the very least it always has our imprint on it,
and we wouldn't see it that way if it wasn't us seeing it.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: