"However, if one equates specificity from "the last push of the cart",
with realization having no correlation with increased satvic
behavior, improved ethics, improved "courtesy", love, compassion and
service, then one would be living in Bizzaro World."

Narcissists and sociopaths believe they don't have to follow the petty
rules of behavior that constrain the "little people".

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> >

> > --- authfriend <jstein@> wrote:
> >

> > > Seems to me individual teachers have different
> > > personalities; they don't all come out of a
> > > cookie-cutter.  Some may be comfortable living
> > > in cramped, plain quarters, others may not be.
> >
> > This is where the concept of Laisha Vidya-remains of
> > ignorance-helps. Different point values openning to
> > their infinite value. From the Bhagavad Gita:
> > "Creatures everywhere follow their own nature. Even
> > the enlightened follow their own nature...what can
> > restraint accomplish?" We have made the mistake of
> > assuming certain specific ethics and behaviors
> > spontaneously arises from Realization. Well, we were
> > wrong!
>

> Of course there is a HUGE possible leap here.
>
> To state -- people have their specific cultures, karmas, dharmas,
> tastes, preferences, upbringing, etc, pre-realization and post is
> obvious.
>
> However, if one equates specificity from "the last push of the cart",
> with realization having no correlation  with increased satvic
> behavior, improved ethics, improved "courtesy", love, compassion and
> service, then one would be living in Bizzaro World.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: