In a message dated 9/11/06 6:30:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Yes, I mentioned one earlier. Liberals are the first to want to
> censor the mention of a deity in public settings such as school.

That would be publicly funded schools, i.e., those
funded by the federal government. See the
"establishment" clause of the First Amendment.

> Liberal judges have been
> known to threaten graduating school children with jail time
> if they so much as mention the name of Christ in a valedictorian
> speech. It happened here, in Galveston, just a few years ago and
> continues to be an issue every year. That is censorship.

I could have sworn I pointed out to you that this
kind of thing is a conflict between two aspects of
the First Amendment, and that these conflicts are
always very tough. No solution is going to please
both sides. If it leans toward free speech, it leans
toward violating the establishment clause, and vice
versa.

Cite an instance of liberals advocating censorship
that does *not* involve a conflict of constitutional
rights.

(CNSNews.com) - A liberal group that monitors conservative media wants Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to remove radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh from the American Forces Radio and Television Services, formerly known as Armed Forces Radio.

As for your comment regarding students giving a valedictorian speech and mentioning a deity whether to give thanks or whatever, that is not the "establishment of a religion". That is one persons opinion in their own speech which is guaranteed under the first amendment. Do you think the congress is violating the first amendment when they open each cession of congress with an invocation? Certainly if they were it would have been stopped by now. The fact that you would oppose free religious speech in a forum involving federal tax dollars means you advocate censorship.By the way here is the first amendment, Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. Read the whole thing. One can speak about God all he wants on federal property as long as the government doesn't create a law establishing that or any other religion. To advocate a position in which one can not invoke or talk about a deity, anyplace, is PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF and that is censorship of free speech.