> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel <babajii_99@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I was just thinking, that because everything these days is
judged
> > on how much 'it' grossed...whether it be a movie, or record or
> > whatever; the stock market and all that; oil and commodities...
> > >   Let's see who has been the most successful spiritual
teachers;
> > according to the same standard; since everyone seems to be
adverse
> > to how much Maharishi has been charging; and how much he's worth,
> > etc...
> > >   So, I'll just make a list, kind of based on my intuition:
> > >   1. Has to be Jesus; and the land holding of churches
throughout
> > the world, the untold real estate of the Vatican, the priceless
> > paintings...he's way out front; kind of like the Bill Gates of
the
> > spiritual world.
> > >   2.Mohammad I guess would be second, in terms also of real
estate
> > holdings and the countries which follow his teachings and of
course
> > the oil.
> > >   3.Buddha would be third; again because of real estate
holdings;
> > although the Buddhists tend to low key, and not so into the money?
> > >   4.Maharishi Maheshi Yogi, would be fourth on this list,
> >

> > MMY would probably be 100+ on the list.
> >
> > I think there are alot of other cults and religions out there
with
> > alot more money.
> >
> > The Ismaili's for example.  They're an offshoot of Islam (the Aga
> > Khan, Rita Hayworth, etc.) and for the past 1,000 years every
member
> > has been tything 10% of their salaries.
> >
> > Mormons.  'Nuff said.
>
> Gotta agree with Shemp. I'm not convinced Maharishi
> would even make the Top 200.
>
> Those who believe otherwise are seeing their own
> self importance, not reality.

Yeah, well, I still think he wants to leave his mark, on the planet;
By his focus on real estate, palaces', etc.
As I think he sees this in these other 'movements'; which were
created, in the name of someone, after they died...Jesus, Mohammad,
Buddha...
R.G.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional