> Jim:
> > it is unrealistic to think anyone is going to follow such
> > a set of guidelines and/or enforce them.
>
> Absolutely.
>
> As nice it would be if FFL were a bit nicer,
> I think most of us here have been around the
> block enough times with the TMO to see that
> any attempt to *make* it a nicer place by
> creating more "guidelines"

Fine. No more guidelines if that pleases you. How about simple abiding
by the 15 guidelines in place for years?

>and "enforcing"
> them is Just Another Power Trip.

Just who is exerting power? and how?

> I think it's good every so often for people
> to speak up and try to inspire the other
> posters here to make the place as a whole
> nicer by striving harder to be nice themselves.

Always a good thing.

> Trying to inspire people is rarely a Power
> Trip and sometimes even works; trying to
> browbeat

Where is the browbeating. I have not said anything you have not siad
your selves at times:

- FFL was / has been a great place (aka the way it was upon yur
discovery of it)

- FFL has done downhill since the arrival of the AMTers

I am suggesting a reason for that is that AMTers, and some others, are
not awre of, or are ignoring the guidelines that helped  create the
environment in FFL that you so cherised upon yur arrival.

> them with "guidelines" and
> "enforcement" is pretty much always a
> Power Trip and almost never works.

Third time you have repeated "power trips"   What in my comments
"triggered' this, IMO, blind trasnformations of "suggestions to
improve FFL" into "powertrips"? Have you had bad experiences from
"powertrips" in the past? Have they made you over-sensitive to the
potential to power trips?

> I mean...that's what the TMO does, right?

Reminding people that there are 15 existing guidelines, and asking how
we can get back to the days when people spontaneously followed them --
how is that equivalent to the excesses [implied] of the TMO over the
years?

> All you have to do is look at that organi-
> zation and see how well that approach works.
> Is that *really* what you want Fairfield
> Life to become?

Quite the non-sequitur IMO.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional