> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > Do you see any change in anyone's behavior here towards adopting
> > your suggestions since you posted them? That was the only point
> > was making.
>
> And that's the point I was following up on.
>
> It's the whole story of spirituality in a
> microcosm. Some people have the personal
> power to inspire others to improve their
> lives and live them on a higher level.
>
> But most people don't, so they try to
> accomplish the same thing by inventing
> rules and punishments for those who don't
> follow them.
>
> The inspiration method often works because
> it's based on someone's very real personal
> power. The rules method always fails because
> it's based on the lack of it.

Nice insight- I would add that there is a third possibility too,
which I have noticed personally-- Most of us were drawn to
meditation to accomplish more in our lives, gain more personal
power. Over the years after so much meditation we tend to take it
for granted, and continue to operate just as we did before, or
according to the more common models we see around us, like assuming
that change is brought about by enforcement vs influence.

Often times when trying to accomplish something lately, I have found
myself pushing for it almost too hard, and I have to just stop
myself, settle into the silence a little, and my goal is reached. In
other words let the environment do its work and unfold per my
desire, rather than just drag a situation to fruition. Or try to
enforce it.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: