> [...]
> > > in on the meeting when two people on national staff
> > > tricked a vaccum cleaner salesman into lending us
> > > about a dozen very high-end commercial vaccum cleaners
> > > ($1000.00 each) for the weekend. They essentially told
> > > him they were going to buy the vaccum cleaners but
> > > they had absolutely no intention of doing so. We used
> > > them for about 72 hours straight. They got very
> > > trashed and banged-up and then on Monday he came to
> > > collect his check and was told that we weren't
> > > interested in buying them. I was livid but the two
> > > National Staff guys told me to calm down. Real sleaze
> > > bag ethics. The TMO, behaind the scenes is replete
> > > with deception. And of course that grand daddy of them
> > > all: THE PUNDIT PROJECTS!!! Not one f*cking cent has
> > > gone towards bringing pundits to the US. Rationalize
> > > and double speak all you want, but it an outright con
> > > job orchestrated by MMY.
> >

> > TMO sleazy, or in some cases simply hardball business methods
(not
> > crime, and done by many businesses -- MMY was a very hard and
> creative
> > negotiator -- a postive trait in many businesses) is quite a
> different
> > thing from what TM / SIMS teachers were taught to do when
> teaching.
> >
> > The latter is what I understand is the issue. Becasue MMY
> negotiated
> > hard for hotels and vegetables (some funny stories), and later
some
> > real deceit  and scams occurred on the organizational / Int'l
> levels,
> > is not support for the assertion that SIMS teachers were
> > systematically taught how to lie in their teaching  intro
courses.

> I tend to agree. While I too find much to fault the TMO about, I
was
> personally never lied to about TM or the TM-Sidhis, and they were
> true to their word about my TM-Sidhis credit in 1979-80-- I worked
> for the TMO for six months, was given the full CIC, worked another
> six months for the TMO, and that was it.
>
> As for all the questions I could've asked about mantras, etc., my
> first experience with TM and subsequent practice was rewarding
> enough that I didn't concern myself with esoterica (e.g. how many
> mantras are there? Where does the tradition come from?). I just
> plain didn't care. After all a tradition, any tradition, is just a
> long-term habit.
>
> As for the deceit and arrogance and stuff about the TMO, I always
> stayed away from it once I was exposed to it. Something I think a
> lot of the disenchanted ex teachers here didn't do was to take
> responsibility for themselves when they became aware that either
the
> TMO or Maharishi was discovered to go against their ethics, values
> or principles.
>
> I did, and so don't have to wallow in all of these recriminations

I had a somewhat similar experience.

Although I always thought the teaching was wonderful, almost from
Day One I thought the way MMY ran the movement was quite
questionable.

So there was always a grain of salt there for me when it came to MMY
announcing this or that plan.  As a result, I was never devastated
so much when even greater sleaze was revealed years later.

> Even if I didn't understand the particular behavior,
> I've always been intuitive enough so that if it 'smelled' bad, I
> stayed away.
>
> I would suggest that instead of continuing to rehash these old
> stories about how X said Y but did Z, it is far easier to admit
our
> mistakes, lack of insight, whatever, and...move on.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: