I have always said , since before the Iraq war, that it is one of
the Historical Strategic Blunders of all Time (H_S_B_of_T)

..and I will be so HAPPY when women run the world, and use me as
their toyboy (which is already happening by the way, as some kind of
predictive pre-cursor of what it will be like in the future )

Naw, seriously....
the Iraq invasion was perpetrated by one of the most brain dead
humans that ever lived (and his retarded brain damaged cronies).

OffWorld

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> By Daniel Trotta   NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. invasion of Iraq
was among the "dumbest moves of all time" that ranks with the
Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor and the German invasion of Russia,
billionaire philanthropist Ted Turner said on Tuesday.   The founder
of CNN and unabashed internationalist also defended the right of
Iran to have nuclear weapons and the effectiveness of the United
Nations and, in a jocular mood, advocated banning men from elective
office worldwide in a Reuters Newsmaker appearance.   Alternately
combative and humorous, Turner spoke nine years after his pledge to
donate $1 billion to the United Nations over 10 years and on the
same day President Bush addressed the U.N. General Assembly a mile
away.
>     The U.S. invasion of Iraq has caused "incalculable damage"
that will take 20 years to overcome "if we just act reasonably
intelligently."   "It will go down in history, it is already being
seen in history, as one of the dumbest moves that was ever made by
anybody. A couple of others that come to mind were the Japanese
bombing of Pearl Harbor and the German invasion of Russia," Turner
told the forum.   "It literally broke my heart. You don't start wars
just because you don't like somebody. ... I wouldn't even start a
war with Rupert Murdoch," Turner said, referring to his onetime
cable network rival.   Often contrarian, Turner called it a "joke"
that Bush demanded that Iran abandon any ambitions for nuclear
weapons while at the same time hoping to ban all such
bombs.   "They're a sovereign state," Turner said of Iran. "We have
28,000. Why can't they have 10? We don't say anything about Israel --
 they've got 100 of them approximately -- or India or Pakistan or
Russia. And
>  really, nobody should have them.
>
>   POWER TO THE WOMEN   One way to reduce such dangers in the world
would be to leave women in charge, said the former husband of Jane
Fonda.   "Men should be barred from public office for 100 years in
every part of the world. ... It would be a much kinder, gentler,
more intelligently run world. The men have had millions of years
where we've been running things. We've screwed it up hopelessly.
Let's give it to the women."
>     In the meantime, the United Nations represents the best hope,
Turner said.   While the world body is ridiculed as ineffective and
irrelevant by its harshest critics and often criticized by its
strongest advocates, Turner offered what was then one-third of his
net worth to the world body nine years ago.   "I am absolutely
certain we would not have made it through the Cold War without the
U.N.," Turner said. "When Khrushchev at the U.N. took his shoe off
and hit podium he was so mad, but he had a place to let off steam.
If the U.N. hadn't been there, that would have been war right
then."   When a questioner from the audience challenged Turner on
the United Nations's value, Turner shot back.   "The war between
Lebanon and Israel and Hizbollah would still be going on if it
hadn't been for the U.N., and that's only in the last two weeks,
Bubba."

Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional