--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "vajradhatu108" <vajranatha@>
> wrote:
> > That's not to say "effort is bad", is just part and parcel of
> > dualistic paths.
> >
> > Reflexively authentic open awareness is not focused on any particular
> > object and this is why no effort is needed. Any "consciousness" by
> > necessity arises from causes, one of which is an object, even a
> subtle
> > object. Self-arisen wisdom does not need an object. In fact
> > effortless, nonmeditation requires *no subject or object.
>
> You mention something called a dualistic path above, which
> necessitates the existence of a non-dualistic path, which is of course
> impossible, for who is on the path then?

Someone on a pathless path.

Paradox is the logic behind such a pathless path.

> So, even an effortless nonmeditation, where the goal is self-arisen
> wisdom, is a practice distinct from daily activity, and hence, a
> dualistic path.

Who said it was distinct from everyday activity?

> What you have described above is a non-dual nonmeditation possibly
> *within a dualistic path*, requiring effort to distinquish between the
> nonmeditation used to bring about self-arisen wisdom, and all other
> activity.

No. It's a "sudden" approach as opposed to a "gradual" approach (e.g.
Patanajali-yoga,
Buddhist Lam Rim, etc.). You'll find an emphasis and insistence on
effortlessness as
hallmarks of "sudden" schools like Zen/Chan, Dzogchen/Mahasandhi, some Trika
schools
and so on.

> Only when we speak about our establishment in a non-dual state, and
> the path existing *within* the non-dual state, is any practice of
> meditation, or nonmeditation, or watching TV, or eating a meal,
> dancing or sleeping, experienced as a non-dual path, within the non-
> dual state; A path of endless knowledge, existing within itself.

Now you're getting closer.

Ask yourself this question: if there is true effortlessness, could there be
separation?

Effortless in TM spin was merely a way of saying it was easy. Later it became
an
amalgamated as part of the dogma--and we all simply "believed".

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: