--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> > >

> > > In a message dated 9/20/06 3:46:03 P.M. Central Daylight
Time,
> > > jflanegi@ writes:
> > >
> > > California Sues GM, Ford, Toyota Over Global Warming
(Update1)

> > > I agree. These automakers lack of social responsibility is
> > appalling-
> > > where they must be sued or legislated into making any
socially
> > > responsible changes at all. Ever survived a car accident? If
so,
> > thank
> > > your seat belts, airbags, etc. which were mandated by
> legislation.
> > >

> > > Maybe individuals should sue the state of California for
giving
> > licenses to
> > > Auto dealers to sell a harmful product just so they could
> collect
> > the tax
> > > revenues from the sales.
> > >
> > Your sarcasm reminds me of Gordon Gekko in 'Wall Street'- "Greed
> is
> > good".
> >

> I think his logic is as good or better than the legislators that
> proposing suing the auto manufacturers...

Logic is neutral. So academically any logical statement is as good
as any other logical statement. Birth control and genocide are both
equally good logical proposals to the problem of overpopulation.

The key is, which one is more socially responsible?

Hence my comment to MDixon's remark. Logically either making it
impossible to sell cars in California, or forcing the auto
manufacturers to make less polluting vehicles are equally logical
proposals to curbing global warming. Only one of the proposals
serves the public good in a realistic way.

I am positive you can guess which one.

Besides, if you are against government control, why do you support
the Huge Deficit, Tax and Spend, Big Government Republicans??

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: