http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html

http://www.austlii.edu.au/~andrew/CommonLII/INSC/1974/153.html
http://
www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com/msg20687.html

> As I said, you appear unable to understand
> what you furnish theURL for.

Namaste Sir Lawson Ji,
i must politely take exception with your assessment of my
understanding of "the URL" i provide.

> The higher court
> said that the lower court said that
> the will was valid and that SBS
> was of sound mind when
> he wrote it.

Sir Lawson Ji..where did you read in the URL that "SBS wrote a will"?
You *assume facts not in evidence*!! please see page 792

.."Before his death, he executed a will which was published on June
8, 1953.."
http://www.austlii.edu.au/~andrew/CommonLII/INSC/1974/153.html

He was "in disposing mind when He signed the will". However that was
disputed by the "committee", and it was within ashram custom to
nominate anyone they choose"... please see page 792

 .."and that in accordance with the custom and the rules of the
Math, they were entitled to instal a person nominated by them as the
Head of the Math..."
http://www.austlii.edu.au/~andrew/CommonLII/INSC/1974/153.html

Which was acceptable with both the Lower District Court, and the
Supreme Court as Swami Krishnabodha Ji was a legally recognized
Shankaracharya and accepted by other Mathas as well.

> No mention was made
> to the order of the will in the URL you provided.

Sir Lawson Ji, i must politely inquire-*CAN YOU READ?*..
reference page 792
 .."By the will, he nominated a panel of 4 persons in-order of
choice indicated in the will to succeed him as head of the Math. His
first choice was Swami Shantanand Saraswati, respondent No. 1.
Respondent No. 1 accepted the office, He was installed as
Shankaracharya of the Math on June 12, 1953.."
http://www.austlii.edu.au/~andrew/CommonLII/INSC/1974/153.html

> As to the rest, the question now arises:
> who is vomptent to choose SBS's successor?
> SBS or
> the group of scholars?

Sir Lawson Ji, i must politely take exception of your *Skewd
Understanding* of the *FACTS* the "group of scholars" were the
persons that set up the ashram in 1940.
Please see page 792

 .."In 1940, a society known as Bharat Dharma Maha- Mandal or Kashi
made an effort to discover the Math and the effort proved
successful. The relics of the Math were found near Badrikashram. The
land on which the relics were found along with certain other
property on the banks of Varuna in Kashi was acquired by the Society
and thereafter the Society created an endowment of the land by a
deed dated April 11, 1941 in favour of Jyotir Math and Swami
Brahmanand Saraswati (Brahmanand for short), a man renowned for his
piety and vedic learning was installed as the Head of the Math.
Brahmanand died on May 20, 1953...."
http://www.austlii.edu.au/~andrew/CommonLII/INSC/1974/153.html

> The fact of the matter is that THEY
> ignored SBS's will completely
> and chose someone who wasn't even listed.

And, that was *COMPLETELY WITHIN ASHRAM CUSTOM* as i pointed out
above!

Now, i humbily request you answer my  very simple questions Sir
Lawson Ji..
First please allow me to point out that is a historical fact
that Ramji Tripathi aka Swami Shantinand fabricated a story
and published his *Om Sri Jyotirmath*.

Question #1.
*Why was it nessaccary for Swami Shantanand to *LIE about his
past*?

Sir Lawson Ji response here..

Question #2.
And, what would motivate Swami Shantinand to *LIE*?...
(Although to his credit Swami Shantinand quit his charade and-,
"gave up this nonsense of claiming the title of Shankaracharya".)

Sir Lawson Ji response here..

Question #3.
If nearly every statement in Shantinand's book 'Om Sri
Jyothirmath" was a *LIE*, and the fact Swami Shantinand eventually
gave the nonsense of claiming title of Shankarcharya, was there ever
any statement made by Swami Shantinand from June 1953 to 1980 that
was true?

Sir Lawson Ji response here..

As, i said.., i have no interest in this matter other than to show
you the fallacy of your- "Tired Old Anoop Chandola Story".

As it is a fact your pal Anoop Chandola intentionally took advantage
of a gullible western.

Please see realvant issues cited regarding Swami Shantinand/ Ramji
Trpathi..

a. *legal Fact* the publication of the "will", which surfaced weeks
after Sri BrahmanandJi's passing.
Inspite of Swami Shantanand's claim-,
> > Item #1). A fully executed will of
> > Sri BrahmanandJi was deposited in
> > Allhalabad on December 18, 1952.
> > (1st paragraph page 2 of 'Om Sri Jyothirmath')

b. Swami Shantinand was a poor choice because of the *Legal Fact* he
could not comprehend sanskrit nor the Vedas.
Inspite of Swami Shantinand's claim-,
> > He was completely qualified the hold the
> > seat as he was literate in
> > Sanskrit and the Vedas".
> > (2nd paragraph page 2 of 'Om Sri Jyothirmath')

c. At issue was the fact that Swami Shantanand was installed in Sri
BrahmanandJi's gaddi by "Brahmachari Mahesh and few friends that
thought the will could be credible". As, Dana Sawyer Professor of
Religion and Philoshpy at Maine College of Art has pointed out.
Inspite of Swami Shantinand's claim-,
> > Item #2). He was installed in Varansi
> > in the presence of hundreds of
> > scholars from all over the country
> >(2nd paragraph page 3 of 'Om Sri Jyothirmath')

d. At issue were the suspicious behavior and motivations of
Brahmachari Mahesh at about the time of Sri BrahmanandJi's passing.
.."In fact, the earliest doubts about the will left by Brahmananda
Saraswati were linked to suspicion of the motives and actions of
Mahesh Yogi (then called Mahesh Brahmachari)..."
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html

e. From the Kropinski interview of Oct. 1986 with the only lawfully
recognized Shankaracharya of Jyosimutt.
..."He said, word came to me that he (Shantinand) had
requested to be allowed on the stage. I allowed him to be present
only because he has given up this nonsense of claiming title to
Shankaracharya..."
http://minet.org/Documents/shank-1

All The Best
Pranams,